Wednesday 22 June 2011

New Video & Interview: Myshy - Playground


Her image breeds curiosity pointing firmly towards a rebellious character with diva type tendencies. Searching within you visage a highly feminine glow. Who is Myshy? What is her story? Having recently teamed up with Fuzzy Logik to bring us a track written by herself titled Playground, her voice is being heard, depicting a fun loving character. Meeting up with her, I find out whether playtime really has just started……

When did you discover your first personal love for music?
I don’t know! It’s not something I had to discover. From the day I was born I’ve always loved music. It’s always been there and it’s still here.

What did you do to explore your love?
Loads! Sing a lot and write a lot. Listen to different types of music. I would always try and listen to something new. I’ve been through so many different phases; rock, bashment, R&B, all the genres in turn! (laughs)

Did you do any talent shows or anything like that?
Yeah I did, I done a few. They were ok but they’re not for everyone. If you love singing, you don’t need a talent contest to sing, you can sing anywhere. I’ve done weddings, birthdays, school, pub, karaoke, church, everywhere! I even nearly started busking at the train station once with my friends! (laughs)

You’re a singer/songwriter, but I’m aware that you stopped singing at one point. What happened there?
Basically, I just had a few problems and went through a bad stage. But they’re all out of the way now and I’m singing again. That’s it…

You say your problems are out the way, so how was it overcoming those problems, what did you do when getting through them?
Well everybody has problems. I can’t really say that every single problem I had has gone and vanished but I just kept writing and listening to music and got on with it really. Writing is like my therapy.

So you started singing again… At what point did you decide to start singing again?
I just thought why am I just listening to what everybody else is saying and not doing what I want to do. I just thought to go for it because there is no point in sitting around doing something you don’t want to do and hate. I’d rather do something I love.

But I believe when you got back into singing you then had some further issues with the singing itself?
Yeh I did… Loads! I had quite a few managers and producers saying they could do all these things. Promising me the world but nothing ever came through. None of them were able to pull off all the things they were promising. It made me end up leaving people behind and just keep going.

Then you met Fuzzy Logik… How did that happen?
Well one of my close friends was aware of the problems I was having breaking into the industry so she gave me the Blackberry pin of a producer that she knew. She didn’t say who he was or what he done or anything, she just told me to add him and I did, but we never ever spoke for about 4 months! Then one day when I blanked profile screen and put that I didn’t want to talk to anybody and he was the only person that asked me what was wrong. From there we started talking. I told him about the problems I was having with music etc and he basically never realised before that I was a singer. Anyway, he sent me a beat and said if I could write to it and send it back to him. An hour and a half later I sent him the words. We went studio and recorded the track and then he explained to me all the things he has previously done and let me know the songs he had already put out. I was amazed! I couldn’t believe he never told me before! But yeah, that’s how I met Fuzzy…
Sounds like a great experience that showed you that patience does pay off…
Yeah definitely... He’s the only person who has come through for me, he’s never said he can do something that he can’t. He’s never promised anything to me, he just does and delivers.

Other than working with Fuzzy, is there anyone else you aspire to work with in future?
Pharrell N.E.R.D., Timbaland, Giggs because I really like his voice, Tinie Tempah, loads of UK people really, as many as possible. But to be honest, at the moment I don’t really want to work with anyone else. I just want to stay with Fuzzy! (laughs)

So what are your future plans then?
At the moment I’m just working towards releasing an EP but I don’t want to say too much about that or any other plans, I’d rather keep my cards close to my chest.

Check out the video for Playground!


Fuzzy Logik ft Myshy - Playground
@FuzzyLogik
@MyshyX

No comments:

Post a Comment