Tuesday 21 September 2010

What is 11:11?

Everyone who follows my Twitter account will be aware that for a period of time I have been tweeting '11:11' every time I see it.... Some have asked what does it mean and the true fact is that I don't know.

So what's the reason?

Well basically since about 11 (ironically) I have noticed that I tend to look at a digital clock at precisely 11:11. By the time I was 18, I noticed that it was near enough a daily thing. Some may ignorantly declare that if you're sitting in front of a computer this isn't hard, all you have to do is keep looking at the clock as soon as you see that you're nearing the 11th hour. Well how about walking down the street and randomly taking your phone out your pocket to see the time and it says 11:11?

Seeing 11:11 has become the norm, I will look up, down or around and see 11:11. I've been drunk at a bar and happened to be buying a drink at the precise time to see 11:11 glowing relentlessly on the cash register. This has gone on to a much further extreme than looking at the time though, the most random occurance was paying for my shopping and getting £11.11 change. But tonight I've noticed that even when I conciously know that I won't have a clock around me and have conciously not taken my phone out of my pocket, I've visted a cash machine, requested a receipt and guess what was on it??


No comments:

Post a Comment